Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Miss Angola 2011 Leila Lopes

Miss_angola_2011_leila_lopes
Miss Angola 2011 Leila Lopes: After a nail biter of a finale, Miss Universe 2011 was crowned at the ceremony in Sao Paulo, Brazil and the winner was Miss Angola Leila Lopes, who beat out the ten beauties that gathered at the world’s largest beauty pageant Monday night.Miss Angola 2011 Leila Lopes

Contestants hailing from 89 nations spent three weeks in Sao Paulo for the 60th anniversary of the beauty contest that had an anticipated worldwide audience of one billion.

Mexico’s Ximena Navarrete, last year’s winner, was on hand to relinquish her crown to 25-year-old Lopes, who according to her Facebook page was crowned Miss Angola UK 2010, Miss Fotogenia 2011 and Miss Angola 2011.

“Thank God I’m very satisfied with the way God created me and I wouldn’t change a thing,” Lopes responded to her interview question. “I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty. I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family and I intend to follow these for the rest of my life.”

Rounding out the top five at Monday’s pageant were Miss Brazil, Miss China, Miss Philippines and 23-year-old Miss Ukraine Olesia Stefanko, who was the first runner-up.

Miss Colombia Raises Eyebrows Before Pageant

Even before Monday’s pageant, Miss Universe was making headlines. Reports that Miss Colombia had shunned underpants during some of the pre-pageant activities led organizers to reprimand 22-year-old Catalina Robayo.

www.hollywood9x.us

0 comments:

Post a Comment